(Image source from: Educationworld.in)
SOP's have been issued for reopening of schools for classes 9 to 12 by the Union Home Ministry.
A list of guidelines has been issued by the central government as the schools across the country are all set to reopen for classes 9 to 12 from September 21.
The schools in India have been closed since March due to the severity of the ongoing pandemic.
The Standard Operating Procedures by the MHA have been designed in a way that the students can safely attend the schools without losing out on their academics.
Students from classes 9 to 12 have the option to attend offline or online classes for the guidance of their teachers with the permission from the parents or guardians.
Here are the guidelines you must Know:
● Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed in the classrooms, staff rooms, office areas, libraries and canteens.
● Assemblies, sports or any other events that can lead to overcrowding are strictly prohibited.
● The usage of face masks and washing of hands regularly is mandatory for all the students and staff present in the campus.
● Only the schools outside the containment zones will be allowed to open.
● Swimming pools, wherever applicable shall remain closed and gymnasiums will operate as per guidelines.
● The schools will display state helpline numbers and the numbers of local health authorities to the teachers, students and other staff.
● The temperature setting of air conditioners in the schools should be in the range of 24 to 30 degrees and the relative humidity should be in the range of 40 to 70 percent.
● Intake of fresh air should be made possible and cross ventilation of every classroom must be adequate.
● Lockers of students will remain in use as long as physical distancing and regular disinfection is being maintained of the same.0
● Biometric mode of attendance shall not be in use and alternative modes of attendance must be deployed in all schools.
- By Gayatri Yellayi